If you’re reading this, then you’re probably wondering which Virgin Island is the best to visit in 2022. The options are endless, but we can help make your decision a little bit easier.
In this blog post, we will outline the pros and cons of each island, as well as give you a few tips on what to look for when choosing your perfect destination. So sit back, relax, and let us take you on a virtual tour of the best Virgin Islands to visit in 2022! Here are the names of the US Virgin Islands.
Best Virgin Island To Visit in 2022
1. Best Virgin Island To Visit – St. Thomas
St. Thomas is one of the best US Virgin Islands to visit for a number of reasons.
- First, the island has a rich history and culture that can be explored in its many museums and historic sites.
- Second, the island is home to some of the best beaches in the world, including Coki Point Beach and Sapphire Beach.
- Third, St. Thomas is a great place to enjoy a variety of water sports, from snorkeling and diving to windsurfing and sailing.
- Fourth, the island offers a wide range of shopping and dining options, from upscale boutiques and restaurants to local markets and cafes.
- Finally, St. Thomas is easy to get to from most major airports in the United States, making it a convenient destination for travelers.
While St. Thomas island is often touted as the best Virgin Island to visit, it also has its fair share of cons.
- For one, the island can be quite crowded during peak tourist season. This can make it difficult to find a quiet spot to relax, and it also means that you may have to contend with long lines at restaurants and attractions.
- St. Thomas is prone to hurricanes, so visitors should be aware that their travel plans might be interrupted by bad weather.
- Finally, the cost of visiting the island can be quite high, especially if you’re staying at one of the luxurious resorts.
However, despite these drawbacks, many people still flock to St. Thomas every year, drawn by its natural beauty and abundance of things to do.
2. Best Virgin Island To Visit – St. John
St. John is one of the best US Virgin Islands to visit for a number of reasons.
- The island has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- St. John is home to a variety of activities and attractions, including hiking, snorkeling, and sailing.
- The island has a rich history and culture.
- The island is home to a number of luxury resorts.
- The island has a moderate climate, making it a great destination year-round.
- St. John is accessible by ferry from nearby islands.
- The island has an excellent infrastructure, with plenty of transportation options and a variety of lodging options.
- St. John is safe and welcoming to visitors.
- The island has a number of steps in place to protect its natural environment. tenth, St. John is an affordable destination.
When taken together, these factors make St. John one of the best Virgin Islands to visit for an enjoyable and memorable vacation experience.
Despite its reputation as one of the best Virgin Islands to visit, St. John island has its share of cons.
- First and foremost, the island is quite remote, making it difficult to get to without a private plane or charter boat.
- St. John is home to some of the best beaches in the world, but these same beaches can also be crowded and overly touristy.
- The cost of visiting St. John can be quite high, particularly during peak season.
Although it may not be the perfect destination for everyone, St. John’s island still has a lot to offer visitors willing to make the effort to get there.
3. Best Virgin Island To Visit – St. Croix
St. Croix is one of the best islands in the Virgin Islands to visit for a number of reasons.
- It boasts some of the best beaches in the Caribbean. Visitors can enjoy relaxing on white sandy beaches, swimming in crystal-clear waters, snorkeling, or scuba diving to explore the vibrant underwater world.
- St. Croix is home to a number of interesting historical sites. The island was once ruled by the French, Danish, and Americans, and today visitors can explore 18th-century fortifications, sugar plantations, and colonial towns.
- St. Croix is a great place to enjoy some of the best food and drink in the Caribbean. The island is home to a number of excellent restaurants serving delicious seafood, as well as a number of bars and nightclubs for visitors to enjoy after dark.
- St. Croix offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. From hiking and biking trails to zip lines and water parks, there is something for everyone on this beautiful island.
For these reasons, St. Croix is the best Virgin Island to visit for an unforgettable experience.
While St. Croix island is one of the best places to visit in the Virgin Islands to visit, there are some potential disadvantages that travelers should be aware of.
- The island can be quite crowded during peak tourist season. This can make it difficult to enjoy the natural beauty of the island and also make it more challenging to find accommodations.
- St. Croix is prone to hurricanes and tropical storms. While the island has mostly recovered from Hurricane Maria, travelers should be aware that there is a risk of severe weather conditions.
- St. Croix can be expensive, especially compared to other islands in the region. Travelers should budget accordingly and be prepared to spend a bit more than they might on other Caribbean islands.
Despite these potential drawbacks, St. Croix remains an excellent option for travelers looking for a beautiful and relaxing vacation destination.
4. Best Virgin Island To Visit – Tortola
There are many reasons why Tortola is the best place to visit in the Virgin Islands.
- First, its location in the British Virgin Islands makes it a convenient stop for cruise ships and other vessels traveling through the Caribbean.
- Tortola has some of the best beaches in the world, with white sand and turquoise water that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling.
- The island has a rich history and culture, with plenty of museums, galleries, and historical sites to explore.
- Tortola is home to a number of luxurious resorts and hotels, offering visitors the perfect place to relax and enjoy all that the island has to offer.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an exciting adventure, Tortola is the perfect destination.
One of the best Virgin Islands that you can visit is actually Tortola. However, this island has some cons that you should be aware of before you go.
- The first is that the beaches here are not as pretty as some of the others in the area. They are also quite crowded and can be a bit dirty. There is also a lot of seaweed washed up on the shore.
- Another downside to Tortola is that it is quite hilly, so if you are looking for a flat, sandy beach to relax on, this is not the place for you.
- Finally, the island can be quite expensive, especially during peak season.
Keep these things in mind when deciding whether or not Tortola is the right destination for you.
5. Best Virgin Island To Visit – Jost Van Dyke
There are many reasons why Jost Van Dyke is the best place to visit in the Virgin Islands to visit.
- It is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The white sand and crystal-clear water create a stunning backdrop for any vacation.
- The island is incredibly welcoming and friendly. The locals are always happy to show visitors around and share their culture.
- Jost Van Dyke is a great place to relax and unwind. There are plenty of activities to enjoy, but it never feels too busy or crowded.
- The island is simply breathtaking. From the lush green mountains to the pristine beaches, there is no better place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
If you’re looking for a truly relaxing and luxurious vacation, look no further than Jost Van Dyke.
Jost Van Dyke is one of the most beautiful Virgin Islands to visit. It is full of history and there are many things to do on the island. However, there are some cons to visiting Jost Van Dyke.
- The island is very small and there are limited activities available.
- The island is located in the Caribbean and can be hurricane-prone.
- The island does not have a lot of infrastructures, so it can be difficult to get around.
- The island is quite expensive to visit. However, despite these cons, Jost Van Dyke is still a beautiful island that is worth visiting.
6. Best Virgin Island To Visit – Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda is one of the best islands to visit in the Virgin Islands for a number of reasons.
- Situated in the British Virgin Islands, Virgin Gorda is a place of unparalleled natural beauty. The island’s white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and lush vegetation make it a perfect destination for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- Virgin Gorda also offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. From hiking and biking to sailing and diving, there is something for everyone on this idyllic island.
- Virgin Gorda is relatively uncrowded compared to other popular tourist destinations, so visitors can truly relax and soak up the island’s laid-back atmosphere.
With its stunning scenery and laid-back vibe, it’s no wonder that Virgin Gorda is considered the best Virgin Island to visit.
Virgin Gorda is often touted as the best Virgin Island to visit, and while it certainly has its charms, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider before booking your trip.
- The island is quite remote, which means that amenities and activities can be limited. There are a handful of beaches and a few restaurants, but not much else in terms of daytime entertainment.
- Virgin Gorda can be quite expensive, especially compared to other islands in the region. Accommodations and dining can be pricey, so travelers on a budget may want to look elsewhere.
- The island is best suited for those who enjoy a slower pace; there’s not much nightlife to speak of and visitors should be prepared for leisurely days spent lounging on the beach.
All things considered, Virgin Gorda can be a beautiful and relaxing destination, but it’s not for everyone.
7. Best Virgin Island To Visit – Anegada
Anegada is the best US Virgin Island destination to visit for a number of reasons.
- Its location in the British Virgin Islands makes it a convenient destination for travelers looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Anegada is home to some of the best beaches in the world, with crystal-clear water and powder-soft sand.
- The island is relatively undeveloped, providing visitors with a true taste of paradise.
- Anegada is home to a variety of unique attractions, including the only pink-sand beach in the Caribbean and the largest flock of flamingos in the region.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an action-packed vacation, Anegada is sure to exceed your expectations.
Anegada is best known for its stylish, elite resorts and luxury spas. But what many visitors don’t realize is that the island has a number of serious drawbacks.
- The island is extremely isolated. There are no direct flights from the US, and the only way to reach Anegada is by boat or chartered plane. This can make getting to the island a hassle, and it also means that once you’re there, you’re effectively cut off from the rest of the world.
- Another downside of Anegada is that it’s very expensive. Accommodations and activities on the island are priced at a premium, and even basic necessities like food and drink can be costly.
- Finally, Anegada isn’t exactly a tropical paradise. The island is quite arid, and the beaches are not as pristine as those on other Caribbean islands.
If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience, Anegada may not be the best choice.
Some Important Factors to Consider –
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best Virgin Island to visit.
1. Time of the year –
Depending on your needs and preferences, certain times of the year may be better suited for your visit than others. For example, if you’re looking for a quiet and intimate experience, you might want to avoid visiting during peak tourist season.
Alternatively, if you’re interested in taking advantage of all that an island has to offer, you might want to choose a time when there are more activities and events taking place.
2. Size of the island –
If you’re looking for a relaxing, intimate getaway, a small island may be best. However, if you’re looking for an action-packed vacation, a larger island may be ideal.
3. Amenities –
The third factor is the amenities that are available on the island. Some islands offer luxury resorts with all the bells and whistles, while others are more basic.
4. The climate –
Some islands are very hot and humid, while others are mild. If you’re looking for a tropical getaway, you’ll want to choose an island that has warm weather year-round. However, if you’re looking for a place to relax and escape the heat, you might want to consider an island with a cooler climate. The best way to find out what the climate is like on an island is to research it online or ask someone who has been there before. With a little bit of planning, you can find the perfect island for your next vacation.
5. The activities available –
Each island has its own unique offerings, so it is important to research what each island has to offer and decide which activities are most important to you. For example, if you are interested in spending time on the beach, you will want to choose an island that offers plenty of beachfront property and access to the water. Alternatively, if you are interested in exploring the local culture, you may want to choose an island with a rich history and a variety of cultural attractions. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be an island that is perfect for you.
6. Cost –
Not all Virgin Islands are created equal, and some are more expensive to visit than others. For example, the best Virgin Island for snorkeling might be more expensive to get to than another island. Similarly, an island that’s popular for its nightlife might be pricier than a quieter, more secluded destination. However, costs vary depending on the time of year and how you travel. If you’re looking for a cheap vacation, you might want to visit an island during the off-season or take a less direct route.
Moreover, If you’re looking for an active vacation with plenty of nightlife and things to do, then larger islands like St. Thomas or St. Croix would be a better fit. And finally, if you’re interested in exploring the natural beauty of the islands, then Virgin Gorda or Tortola are two great options.
While the destination for your 2022 vacation is still up in the air, there are plenty of Virgin Islands to choose from. Each island has its own unique personality and attractions that make it a perfect place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So, what’s your favorite Virgin Island?
If you are looking to book the best luxury yacht charter, then you should check Nautical Trips!
Read More –